Happy post Turkey Day Friends! While mom is figuring out what to do with the leftovers – I already have a mimosa in hand as I study up and survey the .com landscape for today’s “online” festivities.
Now while I haven’t been one for Friday door busters – more of a couch and sweats kind of day, I do take a little time to soak up the best of Black Friday prep for Cyber Monday. I mean you wouldn’t head into a jungle without some kind of treasure map right? So, in the spirit of my pressed for time schedule, I’ll be boarding a ship and setting off to sea on Monday, I’ve got a game plan to make sure I’m making the most of my couch time this weekend to capture everything on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday wish list.
HOW TO SCORE ON BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY
1) Make a Wishlist – Cyber Monday is like walking into Target – there may be nothing you need but without a game plan you’ll come out of the store three hours later with 2 pool noodles and a camping set in December. So, to make sure you capture everything on your wishlist – post-turkey, create a link list. I’ve started building mine tailor made to everything from household needs to luxe items I’ve had my eye on for months.
2) Shop to Save (on shipping) – Many of the big retailers, Nordstrom, Shopbop, Amazon and Target not only have killer sales but shipping rates and return policy’s like none other. When pressed for time shopping at big retailers also offer bigger savings, which also means better shipping rates and less boxes upon arrival.
3) Find The Better Deal – While your favorite stores offer great saving options – don’t sell out for just one. For example these coveted Ghillie flats from Topshop can also be found at Nordstrom couple that with a few other items and free shipping and you can even add that bangle you’ve been after for what you may have paid elsewhere. The beauty of the internet – no walking from store to store to weigh your options – #CouchClicksandCoffee.
4) Social Media Insider Tips – While brands love when you follow them on social, there’s never been a better time. Between Twitter and Instagram stores share some of their biggest sale savings via social media. So to save yourself the trouble of finding all the great deals – make a Twitter list of the favorite brands aligned to your wishlist. Consider it a your Cyber Monday directory.
5) Set a Budget – Hitting “Pay with Paypal” is probably the easiest thing to do on Cyber Monday – no credit card required. However, to make sure you’re not over spending, load money on to your Paypal account and set a budget for how much you’ll allow yourself to spend. Should you need a little less self policing – work the credit card. remember points people, points!
THE BEST OF BLACK FRIDAY SALES
Boohoo // 70% off everything // DATE: 11.27-11.30
Henri Bendel // 25% off +$150 and 30% off +$250 // DATE: 11.27 – 11.29
Kate Spade // Surprise Sale! up to 70% off // DATE: 11.24 – 11.28
Lilly Pulitzer // free domestic flight with purchase of $1500+ // DATE: 11.27 – 12.31
Nordstrom // Up to 50% off select styles + free shipping and returns // DATE: 11.26 – 11.27
Old Navy US // 60% off some, 50% off even more, 40% off everything else // DATE: 11.26 – 11.27
TOPSHOP // up to 50% off selected lines // DATE: 11.26 – 11.30