@LAURENAPRUNER on Instagram
From the Lookbook
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: Bachelor Ben 2012
It’s like every dead celebrity joke – too soon? Well that was last night’s episode of the Bachelor. Everything just seemed a little cringe worthy and wildly premature. Well after a world-wide tour of three countries – I am sure the girls are happy to be sitting in normal size non-hobbit houses, wearing tighter skirts and all getting along, back on U.S. soil. Well most of that is true…
Well so I guess I didn’t get all my “Y’alls” out since the travel gods came calling and blessed me with three more days in the Lone Star State. A little more Tex-Mex, higher hair and heels everywhere certainly does make me feel right at home! Check out some of the weekend photos on the Facebook page.
STYLE // While I’m here I have been taking a look at a few of my fellow Texas Ladies fashions. Like this killer TBT blazer from Lynsey and basically anything Merritt is wearing these days. Sometimes there’s just one blogger you get attached to for a while – guess we will just call Merritt Ms. January!
DALLAS AND MY WALLET // So if there is one thing that this city has its shopping. I raided a few Dallas favorites this weekend and ended up fairing well with this neon long-sleeve dress, this top from The Impeccable Pig and this Kendra Scott Rayne necklace to add to my growing collection.
HAPPENINGS // Watching “The Fashion Fund” has me really excited for Fashion Week. I feel so privileged to live in New York and be able to participate in one of the greatest artistic/inspired weeks around the world.
THE BACHELOR WEDDING // Last night my thumb stayed on the “back” button as I felt like frogger jumping between the Grammy’s and The Bachelor Wedding. Now though I am not going to give you all a whole host of my “would ditch those chandeliers” snarky comments on Sean & Catherine’s special day. I’ll give you at least my Top 5 moments:
- Watching Sean and Catherine asking his Father to officiate the wedding was about the most adorable family moment I have ever seen.
- Watching Sean pick out Lingerie at La Perla made me feel about as uncomfortable as an episode of Honey Boo Boo – for the record that is VERY uncomfortable.
- For the record I find it hilarious that Catherine got a Bible from Sean and she gave him racy photos for a wedding gift.
- Hearing Arie, Jeff and John (All guys from Emily’s season) ask if Emily was going to show up was pretty darn funny. Anyone else catch that awkwardness…
- I’m not a crier but those vows were pretty tear worthy – however watching Sean bawl like a baby after going back down the aisle married was about the most adorable thing. He was so proud.
* I know I’m a big pile of mush…
See you tonight for more Bachelor – Juan Pablo fun and if you dare follow me on Twitter for live show updates. For you that already do – may God have mercy on your Twitter feed tonight… God knows I wont!
So if we can’t have Bachelor Pad where we can watch cast off’s get drunk and hook up with each other we may as well put together an hour long blooper reel, right? Well it clearly worked since the Bachelor’s Funniest Moment’s hashtag #BTM was trending on twitter. (and if you’re a social media nerd like I am – well that’s 140 characters of GOLD!) So ABC’s Scandal thanks for warming up that top spot for us – BACHELOR NATION is BACK!
After 25 seasons there is no doubt that we have our fair share of DUM&$$ moments to showcase with hours of footage – but pack it into an hour and you will see the sole reason why we keep flocking back to our Television set’s week after week – with only 3 marriages and 25 seasons you still thought it was for the love and romance? Pshhh – please! (okay well maybe a little…). But all it took was one hour to get Bachelor nation back on our feet and after 25 seasons Chris Harrison and crew have a lot to be remembered for…
After 25 season’s we know this:
- The driveway will always be wet.
- The fountain never shuts off.
- Girls will always be advised that stripper heels and sparkle dresses are the go to attire of choice.
- Every season is 1 bajillion times more dramatic than the last.
- All the therapy hours had by past contestants may arguably cost as much as Chris Harrison’s salary.
- The pool guy is a saint for cleaning that sess tub.
- The interior decorator is never satisfied – she/he changes the house décor every season.
- Chris Harrison’s hairstyles will truly stand the test of time.
- Someone always cooks naked in the kitchen.
- On night one – booze tears and pass out fears never fail! Who will it be this time?
Memorable Bachelor Moments:
- The one with the 50 Shades of Grey tie meets booty shake meets falling on her &$$ then pouting about it.
- The one where an exit leads to a discussion about reproduction – Favorite line: “My eggs are rotting!”
- The one where the girl wants to get home to her kitty cat! “My cat is the love of my life at the moment – I can’t wait to hear her purr again.”
- The one where Courtney, Jillian and several others lose their tops… Courtney by choice I may add! “When in Panama???”
- The one where we learn that as sweet as she is Ashley Spivey is dubbed not only tone deaf but tone deaf with a southern accent. Now that takes talent.
Memorable Bachelorette Moments:
- The one where our first bachelor Alex Michel puked in the helicopter – like a three year old on the dragon coaster at a state fair.
- The one where Ed Swiderski gets drunk… then drunk again…
- The one where we learn that Kasey Kahl is not only also tone deaf his freestyling skills are up there with my grandmother’s. “Jump in my heart – stay a while!” (Blagh!)
- The one where Tanner Pope imitates sucking on toes. That… was just WRONG.
- The one where Ryan Bowers tries to “build-a-wife” in front of Emily… “trusting, loyal, she will serve me!” ummm, no.
Chris Harrison Facts:
- The man knows how to rock a pocket square.
- His vocab extends beyond, “will you accept this rose?”
- His affinity for glass clinking may arguably be his hidden talent.
- He likes to play the “pull my finger” game.
- He’s still the best thing that ever happened to this show! (swear…I’m not biased.. okay, a tad!)
So there you have it – 25 season’s 25 stats and a whole lot of sh*t left to show! We’re only just getting started and by the looks of the fisticuffs, love professing and flat out cheating that is going to come with the start of Desiree Hartsock’s Bachelorette season, the good stuff is far from over!
Next week I’ll be back blogging Night 1 The Limo’s – can’t wait to see what these first impression stunts these suitors have cooked up for our Bachelorette.
PREMIERES MEMORIAL DAY MONDAY, MAY 27th, 8/7c on ABC
P.S. Need to study up before next Monday? Here’s all you need to know about Desiree’s MEN! (click: here!)
p.p.s.…and if you haven’t seen enough of these men making a fool of themselves – well here’s a little more…
© Copyright 2013 – Images courtesy of ABC Studios, Next Entertainment (NTK)
We did it. It’s finally come to a close, all the roses have been given and Sean has chosen his bride – the lovely Catherine Guidici! Truly from the bottom of PRBlonde’s heart I want to congratulate the happy couple. I hope to see you all frolicking around Dallas very soon and looking forward to calling you all neighbors. Catherine if you need a design job, I can probably help you out there. (Notice the blog title.) (more…)
First off let me say thank you to ABC for giving me back one hour of my week and making this “Sean Tell All” / a whole lot of stuff we already knew – only an hour long. If you’re a blog reader like myself – I would love to say there were jaw-dropping things that we learned about our blonde bachelor’s journey that we hadn’t seen or some past cast member hadn’t already exposed before. But, in case you missed it – I counted down a few things that we DID magically take away from this episode calling it – (more…)