| 1. Leonard and Church Watch | 2. Charles Tyrwhitt Button Down Shirt | 3. Copper Hammered Bar Tool Set | 4. Rustic Leather Card Set | 5. Misc. Goods Underhill Cologne | 6. J.Crew Pacer Boots | 7. Leather Tech Envelope Carrier | 8. Leather Sunday Golf Shoes Bag | 9. Hard Stuff Decanter | 10. Charles Tyrwhitt Sweater | 11. Shinola Shoe Shine Kit | 12. Ray-Ban Caravan Sunglasses | 13. Bulleit Bourbon | 14. Dakine Party Bucket | 15. Mistletoe Socks | 16. Michael Kors Bifold Wallet | 17. Anthropologie Food and Beer Book | 18. Areaware Key Target |
It’s official! We’re in the throws of the 12 days of Christmas and Fifth Ave in NYC is certainly showing it.
NYC definitely has the Christmas bug and my hunt for presents for the guys is on. From Dads to brothers to significant others I take pride in finding the perfect and most personalized guys gift. It’s no secret that men are hard to buy generic gifts for – but simply leaning into their interests can even make giving a Darth Vader mug seem cool.
So I’ve rounded up some gifts inspired by the PRB guys from fine leather goods to bespoke bar necessities. A quick reminder – dates for free shipping, last day shipping, etc. are coming up soon. Here’s a cheat sheet that’s worth bookmarking:
December 18 – Last Day for STANDARD SHIPPING
December 16 – FREE SHIPPING
December 19 – Last Day to RUSH SHIP
December 21 – Last Day for SECOND DAY AIR
December 23 – Last Day NEXT DAY AIR
SHOP THE POST
7 parties down – three to go then my own on Saturday night! Pardon me while I take a Christmas filled, silver birch candle scented breath – I need cranberry champagne and stat!
I am so off this week as my schedule seems to have gone upside down. Workdays are manageable (do you know about the PR EOY slump?) and post-5PM is when things seem to heat up with client happy hours, blog events and friend holiday parties. I feel like a super-elf in a holiday cape.
So to match the busy schedule I’ve opted for a more “on-the-go” festive style this week. Low booties or flats make subway running easier and a warm cape or topper coat are festive layers that can be easily slipped on an off are crucial. Subway sweaty – NYC girls I feel you…
This week I’ve also loved taking part in #WreathWitherspoon week sharing some of my favorite Draper James outfits like this killer cape. I’d say it earns me a “super-elf’ title don’t you? Think Santa would hire me? Pair with a cozy sweater, pair of jeans and flats and you’re good to go! Parties 8 and 9 tonight. Follow me on Insta-stories to see where I end up! (…now about that champagne!).
SHOP THE POST:
It’s that time again! Cue the jazz hands and the gratification I’m going to get when I finally buy that Bendel’s bag for a scary good price! #PopFizzClink.
If last year was any indication – this year’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales are going to be killer and I have my “link list” ready (remember last year’s tips?!). This year we’re going in eyes wide open and ready to take on the best of holiday savings for gifts, investment pieces and who knows – even pull the trigger on next year’s Q1 trip!
So to study up – I’ve created a list of ten things not to miss when shopping post-Turkey day – from the couch of course. A few new and a few old all promised to help you make the most of your click time.
TEN TIPS TO “SLEIGH” BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY
1) Think Holiday – From tinsel to even your tree, sites like Wayfair and HomeGoods “sleigh” the décor game. Anything you’re looking to theme out this year? It will allow you to dive a little deeper into the holiday cheer without breaking the bank on a one time a year investment.
2) Get Personal – What I love about giving gifts is that a monogram can make it that much more special. However, monogramming can take time – and may cost extra – look for shops like Jack Rogers, Henri Bendel and L.L. Bean for low cost monogram options and the ability to bake in plenty of lead time!
3) Pull the Travel Ripcord – With all my travels this year, the bug has got me again for 2017. Check out Expedia, your preferred airline (#DeltaLoyalist) and even cruise lines like Royal Caribbean. My exact Eurotrip itinerary with these ladies is even on “sail.”
4) Merry the Masses – This is simple – co-workers, secret Santa’s, Holiday hostess gifts – the little “thoughtful” gifts add up! Consider visiting sites like Etsy to shop for something unique and in larger quantities. But be sure they can accommodate the mass order – unless you plan to couple it with a Super Bowl gift!
5) Get Up Early – If your house is anything like mine, wine brain can lead to buying really ugly jeans at the 12AM break of Black Friday and around 9AM the house starts buzzing with caffeinated aunts making pancakes. So set your alarm for 7AM – bank on everyone else’s food coma and click click click!
6) Make a Wishlist – To ensure you capture everything on your list – create a link list in Google Docs. As you recover from your turkey coma – you can browse without the pressure and have everything ready to go come Friday/Monday.
7) Shop to Save (on shipping) –Big retailers, Nordstrom, Shopbop, Amazon and Target not only have killer sales but great ship/send rates and return policy’s like none other. When pressed for time shopping at big retailers also offer bigger savings, which also means better shipping rates and less boxes upon arrival.
8) Find The Better Deal – While your favorite stores offer great saving options – don’t sell out for just one. For example items from Topshop can also be found at Nordstrom. Couple that with a few other items and free shipping and you can even add that bangle you’ve been after for what you may have paid elsewhere. The beauty of the internet – no walking from store to store to weigh your options – #CouchClicksandCoffee.
9) Social Media Insider Tips – While brands love when you follow them on social, there’s never been a better time. Between Twitter and Instagram top retailers share some of their biggest sale savings via social media. So to save yourself the trouble of finding all the great deals – make a Twitter list of the favorite brands aligned to your wish list. Consider it your Cyber Monday directory.
10) Set a Budget – Hitting “Pay with Paypal” is probably the easiest thing to do on Cyber Monday – no credit card required. However, to make sure you’re not over spending, load money on to your Paypal account and set a budget for how much you’ll allow yourself to spend. Should you need a little less self-policing – work the credit card. Remember point’s people, points!
Make sure to check back Friday for a full guide and the best of sales.
Happy Black Friday/Cyber Monday Folks! May your wallets stay merry and your purchases be bright!
I’d be lying if I said holiday music wasn’t on repeat and spending the day at the plaza hotel didn’t get me in the mood.
With Thanksgiving, Black Friday Sales and Cyber Monday just days away and New York starting to really deck the halls – I couldn’t be more excited to stay in NYC during the holidays. You see – 10 countries in the past year may be a feat and getting out of the city every once in awhile is nice, but if there’s a time of year that being in New York trumps any place else – it’s the holidays!
So to kick off my holiday celebrations – I went for a little walk arriving at Lord and Taylor who seems to be first to the holiday windows this year. While I did spot some velvet heels that caught my eye – it was actually the ugly sweater section that had me in stitches. Every year, on December 23rd, my family and close family friends host one punny party and these are sure to be on the list! Check them out:(by row L to R)
| He Sees You When You’re Drinking | Holiday Bow | When The White Runs Out I’ll Drink the Red | Polar Bear | Light-Up Tree Sweater | Emoji sweater | Let’s Get Elfed Up | Calendar Sweater | Drinking Santa Ugly Sweater |
BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY TIP: Should you be saving up for some glorified clicking this coming Friday – next Monday – Lord & Taylor is sure to have Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales you don’t want to miss. Bookmark this link here so you’re ready to go!
Make sure to visit the instafeed throughout the week for Black Friday, Cyber Monday deals!
It’s here! The only day where a food baby, football and more wine than a liquor store is the key to a great Thanksgiving. Oh yes, and that thing called Family too! So with the turkey cooking and family football games about to commence I’m dropping a little note to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
IF TODAY YOU ARE –
Relaxing and Reading // This Post by Kelly Krause on Camille Styles on Embracing The Unconventional Thanksgiving
Self-Reflecting // This post from one of my favorites Clementine Daily
– and –
CONSIDER THIS YOUR CYBER MONDAY APPETIZER:
“May your stuffing be heavy and your gravy be light!”
It’s one hell of a town – especially at Christmas. It’s funny – you live here and avoid Times Square like the plague, stay away from the shops at Bryant Park on a Saturday and do what you can to frogger hop through the insanely crowded streets over the holidays.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Mom is in the kitchen for the third time already today baking cookies (we had a little green sprinkles fiasco this a.m….) like you have never seen, Dad playing boy scout stoking the fire and brother and I have somehow awoken from last nights Christmas party festivities. Not sure how Mom and Dad rallied since I recall an 11 PM beer pong tournament happening with the parentals at a family friend’s Christmas party last night but – when at Christmas I guess…
But nonetheless we have kicked the next two days off in true “Very Pruner Xmas” fashion. Wishing you and your family/friends a wonderful holiday season – signing off for a few days to enjoy time with my other “job” – the family!photos by image via
Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone! As I sit at my desk today counting down the hours to head home for the holidays I hope you all are either already on vacation or packing up tonight for some festive visits. I will be heading back out to the NYC burbs for some more holiday fun with the first of a few Christmas parties starting tonight and can’t wait to be home with my family.
NYC // This past weekend I really kicked up the Christmas spirit up a notch when the brother and I did some last minute shopping for the parentals. The windows around NYC are to die for and what’s an NYC Christmas without a little stop at the Christmas Spectacular.
XMAS TRADITIONS // I have been embracing a lot of old traditions being closer to home this year but some new ones too! Anyone want some bubbly? And thanks to Victoria (VMac + Cheese) I have a new way to keep it cold!
MOVIE MAGIC // I watched the Holiday this weekend only to come stumbling across this great article from The Gaggle. To all the single ladies out there – we do deserve better, no need to go sniffing natural gas! Also watch the ‘Chrismukkah’ episode of the OC. Not only will it restore your faith in “beauty and the geek” but will also make your family seem WAY more normal.
GLITTERMAS // Devon Rachel took it to a new level with this “Glitz-mas” fete and I love the flamingo/reindeer touch!
PRESENTS // …and for a few last minute “wantworthy” items for Christmas: These Gucci Satin Heels were meant to be on my feet and danced in… I love this J. Crew necklace… and these Kendra Scott earrings are the perfect balance of gold and black to go with my DKNY NYE dress.
GIVEAWAYS // Also have you entered the Jouer Giveaway yet – Don’t be on Santa’s naughty list! You have only a few days left…