Today’s the day that Matthew McConaughey turns from a real boy into a man. Honestly I am only halfway kidding! Tonight is Oscar night – and next to the Tony Awards, (I admit I’m a total Broadway nerd…) it’s my Super Bowl.
At 2:25 PM PST I will be sitting TV side watching the red carpet on E! and keeping an eye out for the atelier dreams that walk Hollywood Blvd. Not only will full coverage be on E! but no matter where you are you can get access to the latest from ladies to watch – J. Law, Lupita, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Sandy Bullock, Meryl & more – because E! is streaming coverage live. And, where would Hollywood be without its star-studded men? Bradley, Christian, George, Leo and my favorite Matthew. (I’m on a nickname/first name basis with most… obviously…).
So to prep for tonight I found a few “helpful” things to get you in the Oscar mood:
- Check out this great Oscar Scorecard from Kate Spade – Do you know who you’re going to pick?
- For a last minute cocktail idea? Bailey’s has got you covered with the ‘Most Stylish Shot of the Night’ – Recipe here
- Looking for the perfect viewing party outfit? Go with classic pumps and an edgy dress like this one from Oasap.
- You think you’re putting time into your outfit tonight – HA! Refinery29 will prove you oh so wrong…
- If you haven’t hoped on the McConaughey train yet – do it now, there’s still time before it leaves the station – and this New Yorker article will help.
With Ellen hosting which is likely going to be AMAZING and one of the classiest nights of television ahead of me I will be joining all my GLAM ladies at SoHo House for a viewing party – in GLAM attire. So without further ado check out my picks for tonights BIG winners –
Best Dressed Female
Best Dressed Male
OSCAR AWARD SHOW PICKS
12 Years a Slave
Best Actor in a Leading Role
Matthew McConaughey – Dallas Buyers Club
Best Actress in a Leading Role
Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Jared Leto – Dallas Buyers Club
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Lupita Nyong’o – 12 Years a Slave
Alfonso Cuaron – Gravity
Good luck and don’t trip – unless your J. Law and Hugh and Bradley help you up.