Does holding a glass of rose count as holding a torch? Go Team USA! Happy Sunday!
Team, I’m really excited about this Ed. of weekend reading. So many nuggets and goodies… so many!
BUT FIRST INSTAGRAM STORIES
For the sake of my argument, let’s call life my phone and let’s call Ferris Bueller a prophet. From Snapchat to what is now Instagram Stories, we now have one more reason to be “connected.” While I appreciate the power move by Facebook to solve their “we can’t take over the world till we have taken down Snapchat” dilemma – they’ve forgotten about Cameron (Instagram) in favor of Sloane (The corporate “hot” factor). We don’t even know who Instagram is anymore, it’s become the unfun friend you have to drag around. Choosing to set the mood and what you see and how you see it. It’s the Cameron, living constrained by what Facebook thinks we should see instead of letting us call the shots – like, so what if I want to dance on a float in a parade, don’t rob it from other peoples feed dammit! However, for the sake of this post and drawing one more (and don’t worry my last) parallel to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and the social media trifecta, that movie ends happy, all friends are liberated so maybe there will be a happy ending. Nonetheless, we’re left with the same prophetic nugget at the end of the movie that applies here…
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it.”
So in the spirit of doing just that pull your head out of your phone and do something this weekend! Like drink some rose outdoors while playing corn hole and enjoying the greatest two weeks of sports ever played – #TeamUSA!
Now for the nuggets…
- I said goodbye to another season of the Bachelor and welcomed Chad to my Tuesday night repertoire. Did anyone else see that Jordan DID land a sportscaster job with ESPN?!
- I signed up for my second half-marathon – admittedly this time a little half-heartedly. More on that next week.
- I started planning my birthday festivities – 28, WTF!
- Travel – Going off the grid – how one editor spent two weeks without her phone.
- Career – Man Repeller rewrote their mission statement – what do we think?
- NYC Life – How to escape the city and throw a white party in the Hamptons – can you spot my cameo?
- Style – Love this palm fronds styled dinner party from Studio DIY!
BUY THAT: For the next trip!
- With all the hiking, I’m in love with Gray Malin’s collab with Swell!
- This baublebar bubble necklace. The perfect compliment to a little white dress.
- A little something for your friend when she’s having a day – check out Greetabl.
REMEMBER THIS: Cocktails, champagne and things to chat about!
- The HIlls came back for an anniversary special. They are talking a movie? What!
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese – need I say more?
- This Strawberry Watermelon Prosecco Spritzer – where’s my glass!
- The Eurotrip video! Finally!